It started with a smile...

The roller coaster ride of a thirty-something, twice-married (now single), unemployed, graduate student and mother of two who lives in beautiful California

Monday, January 24, 2005

Aunt T or Auntie...that's me!

Olive was late to school today because we woke up late AGAIN. My fault entirely since I'm the only "adult" around here. I wrote the office an excuse, stating I had a flat tire which is why she was late. Yah, it was kind of a stretch, but there was some truth to it. After I dropped her off, I did my Starbucks run and then got over to Sears for tires. The guy sold me on some BF Goodrichs which have a 75,000 mile warranty and free work when I get more nails in them...haha. I ended up walking around Sears and spending another $60 on clothes for me since nothing fits me anymore. I got a pair of jeans and four tops, all on clearance. After spending $130 on two flippin tires, I remembered I needed to pick up the film at the store. I took awesome pictures of my kids. I ran into Mr. C., my best friend, Lisa's dad at the store and he seemed a little put off at seeing me. Perhaps it was just my imagination. I got home and spent some time figuring out how to get the photos on the web for viewing and sharing. That's when I got the text message from Maria about her being pregnant. I emailed my mom who knew nothing about it but was happy there was some good news for a change. I get to be an aunt again! Woo hoo! You know, I wonder if Rico is teething already. He is REALLY cranky all the time and now he is chewing on his hand. It's a little early, I thought. Olive is in the tub now. I grounded her for today for not bringing home her spelling homework list AGAIN. No TV or computer for her. She said she will clean her room instead. DUH. Go figure. I'm excited...I start a new class tomorrow evening and another Thursday night. Very cool. Unlike the majority of people out there, I love school with a passion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home